Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lotion Potion #9

   Who doesnt love shoes ? I sure do. But what I really die for is a great lotion, shampoo or body product. Over the years I've bought enough crap to fill up an entire CVS (not to mention all that plastic I didnt recycle back in the day and the landfill it's probably now in). I must have had every Lip Smacker flavor there was. I can remember being so pumped up to buy all my body products to take with me to camp every summer. Nothing quite says mosquito love like Herbal Essence did. Either way I always had an arsenal of products that I deemed my signature "thing".

   Even after those fateful purges of all my "bad for you" products, I still can't help but pass up a great all-natural product either. I'm always looking to try something new. But I have to remind myself to be practical here. All-natural products are going to cost a pretty penny compared to that $.99 Suave conditioner on sale at Market Basket. However in life we all have to decide what matters most to us. And for me, it's my health. So if your finances are strapped or you just can't stomach paying the price for some of the more expensive brands, then don't. I'd love to try some DIY homemade recipes some time (homemade coconut milk conditioner anyone?!?). But to each their own. I rarely drink,I don't go out to expensive dinners like I used to ( Damn baby. He is cute though), and I already have a wardrobe big enough that I'm not buying that many new clothes. So to me, an all-natural anti-aging serum is wayyyy within my budget if it's going to attack these wrinkles with the fierceness that they need. Besides, I bet if you tried a few products with less chemicals and a few essential oils you'd never go back.

  Let me break it down for you though. I like convenience. I want to be able to buy (or recommend) a product that I can easily locate or get. I'm not all about shopping online when it comes to that stuff. So the products I use or have tried are based on the availability of the places I have close to me to shop : Target, Sephora, CVS, The Vitamin Shoppe, and even Whole Foods. Which BTW, I do drive 45 minutes every now and then to load up on goodies from WF. Because with their standards, I feel good about buying anything they sell there. So here are a few brands that I have tried and loved. If you are looking for a specific product, i.e. face lotion, shampoo, etc. let me know. Either I have tried it or are willing to take one for the team!

Please note: I dont recommend all products from these companies. Make sure to read ingredients first and use this as a guide:

http://healthychild.org/uploads/file/PocketGuide2010HealthyPersonalCareProductsFNL.pdf

You can also download the Healthy Child Healthy World Iphone or Android App that has these guides as well!

Alba Botanica
Avalon Organics
Burts Bees
Yes to Carrots
Dessert Essence
Whole Foods 365 Premium Body Care
 Shea Moisture
 Physicians Formula Organic Wear
Tarte
Ole Henriksen
Jurlique
One with Nature
Dr. Bronner
Lavera
Kiss my Face
Pacifica
Toms of Maine















No comments:

Post a Comment