Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Search for Seasonal Spectaculars Part 2: Whole Wheat Pizza withTomatoes, Herbs, Cheese, and Balsamic (to say the least!)

So the search has continued on. I made this pizza the other night and just had to re-create it because it was so amazing. Although this time I did not have any regular tomatoes on hand, so I flattened up grape tomatoes with a knife to make them more appealing.

It's been awhile since I have made homemade pizza (Use this recipe from Whole Living -It's definitely the best I've tried and freezes well) but this crust is so thin and delicious that I know I will be making it alot more often this summer to use up these great veggies that are starting to grow in my garden.

Feel free to use any variation you like with this pizza. The possibilities really are endless. Each time I make it I add more herbs and vegetables to round out the flavors. But specifically I used Chives and Arugula that have already grown in my garden ( Can you tell how excited I am for my first garden?!?) Grape Tomatoes, Pecorino Romano Cheese, Buffalo Mozzarella, Basil and Balsamic Vinegar. Sorry to say but there are never any leftovers between my husband and I. I'm going to assume that's normal and not over-indulgent right? It's thin crust after all......

No Recipe Needed. Just top with the above ingredients and enjoy. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes on cookie sheet.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment