Friday, July 27, 2012

She Eats So Well! Chickpea and Feta Salad w/ Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette

   CSA is overflowing. Garden is neglected. Story.Of.My.Life. I've got greens for days people and I'm not exactly salivating for a delicious salad every chance I get. But even with all the possible combinations of salad fixings,toppings, and additions all I can think about is how stocked full my fridge is and how I wish anyone else but me would be doing the cooking or preparing of it.

   So in the true spirit of summer laziness, this Chickpea and Feta Salad is a God-send.  There is little preparation and no slicing, dicing, or grilling involved. Thank the Heavens! And it also satisfies that salty craving I know you've got (Put down the potato chips, this is way better)

   OK I lied, there is some preparation. The dressing for this salad is homemade (as all your dressings should be because they taste way better!) But if you make a nice big batch you can use it for several different recipes. Which is what I did. So I win.

Salad Recipe:

1 head of Organic Romaine Lettuce( Or Spinach, Kale, etc. Just not ICEBERG!) chopped
1 can Eden Organic Chickpeas, drained
1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing ( See Recipe Below)

Toss salad mixings in bowl and enjoy!

Dressing Recipe:

1 large lemon freshly squeezed
1 small shallot, chopped finely
4 Tablespoons Stone Ground Mustard or Dijon Mustard
1 small garlic clove minced
1/2 cup EVOO
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to Taste

Combine the above ingredients in a Cruet or small glass container. Shake well.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment