Friday, February 22, 2013

Mango Green Smoothie

  This smoothie is one of my personal favorites in the green smoothie department. It is wonderfully balanced with the sweetness of banana and the slight tartness of frozen mango. The only downside to this smoothie? It provides a super cold rush in the middle of an already cold winter. But no worries, I just curl up on the couch with a cozy blanket after drinking it and let my son jump all over me. That warms me up real quick.

  The fruit pulp of mangoes are loaded with anti-oxidants vitamin A, C, B6, Folate, fiber, and various other essential nutrients and amino acids. But don't waste the peel if you aren't using frozen! If your blender is strong enough, go ahead and keep the skin on! The mango peel is loaded with Omega 3's and 6's, polyphenol's, and phytochemicals that may help to repair free radicals and inhibit certain skin and prostate cancers. While I am no scientist or doctor, I will take that information for what it is worth and call it a day. Besides, it tastes damn good to me!

   And the best part about this smoothie? My husband came up with it. The same man who is perfectly willing to drink my smoothies but just not always willing to create them himself. So score one point for the Man, and two points for it being that delicious.

 Just don't tell him I told you......


Recipe:

4 cups organic baby spinach
1 organic banana
2 cups frozen mango
2 cups filtered water

Directions:

In a blender, combine water, spinach, banana, and mango. Blend on high until smooth. Store remaining smoothie in glass jars for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment