Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fresh Salsa

   I love me a good fresh salsa. And so rarely can you find a version worthy of being store-bought. So I prefer to make my own, especially when I know I have the ingredients on hand. It's also a great way to use up tomatoes that may be getting a bit too soft for salads. Since tomatoes are best stored at room temperature, I find it hard to use them all up sometimes before they go bad. So this recipe is a great way to utilize them without waste.
 
 
   I also like to cut up brown rice tortillas into triangles, toss them with some lime juice and sea salt, and bake them in the oven until crispy. They are the perfect gluten free chip that actually taste better than corn chips! Because who wants to eat that GMO crap anyways? (Yes, always make sure to buy NON-GMO certified corn tortillas chips)
 
   This salsa is also a great alternative to dressing on a big veggie salad. See, Look at that. Making $hit easy for you since Day: Always.
 
 
Recipe:
1 1/2 organic Beefsteak tomatoes (you could also use Roma or Plum)
1/2 Vidalia Onion
1/4 cup chopped jalapenos
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp Stevia
1/2 lime, freshly squeezed
 
Directions:
 
In a blender or food processor, pulse ingredients until smooth yet slightly chunky. If your blender isn't strong enough, make sure to roughly chop ingredients before combining them. Store remaining salsa in a glass mason jar for up to three days in the refrigerator.
 
Pin It

 

No comments:

Post a Comment