Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Nug's Corner: Strawberry Banana Mango Smoothie

Sometimes Nug isn't down with the green smoothies. And I can't argue with that. However, straight fruit smoothies can be super sweet without the taming of  the addition of some spinach or kale. So for this kid friendly recipe I make sure to add some chia seeds which help to slow down how your body absorbs simple sugars.

And we all know that crazy sugar levels whether natural or not can turn any toddler into a wild banshee and I'm not having that. I prefer to live in a wild banshee free zone, always in my head, but not entirely always in my house. (Meditate momma, meditate)

Recipe:

1 cup filtered water
1 banana
1/2 cup organic frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen mango 
1 tsp chia seeds

Directions:
 
In a high powered blender, combine above ingredients and blend until smooth. Makes two small cups for two special little boys (or girls or yourself)



No comments:

Post a Comment