Friday, June 14, 2013

Balsamic Vinaigrette

   Although Balsamic Vinaigrette is not usually my go-to dressing since the vinegar creates an acidic environment in your body, it's the only one I can stomach these days being pregnant. Since my usual organic unpasteurized apple cider vinegar is out as far as dressing recipes go, if I need to choke down a few greens lightly drenched in the stuff, then so be it. The end product is what I'm after : all those great nutrients and minerals from leafy greens that my body needs. However, the base of this recipe would probably work using apple cider vinegar. It's a pretty basic vinaigrette recipe. So feel free to change it up. I will be hitting up the good ol' ACV as soon as I can. I prefer not to ingest sulfites all the time, even if they are naturally occurring.


   I should warn you that this recipe isn't meant to be like the sweetened version you find at the store. It's ballsy and bold. Just the way I like it. If you can't handle that, then don't try it. It's definitely got a bite to it. Don't be a wuss.

Recipe: (Enough to make 1 cup, stored in a mason jar, or what I like to call Party Size)

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup EVOO
1/4 tsp stevia
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
Cracked black pepper ( a few turns of the mill)
Sea salt ( a few turns of the mill)

Directions:

In a blender, combine balsamic vinegar, stevia, Dijon, lemon juice, garlic powder, oregano, basil, black pepper, and sea salt. Once well mixed, slowly add in EVOO until well blended. Store in a mason jar.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment