Monday, July 29, 2013

Goo Goo for Guac!

   Guacamole is fairly easy to make. However I've never attempted it at home since I normally just cut open an avocado and spoon it out before I bother to make it. The healthy fats in avocadoes are so great for your hair, skin, and immune system( not to mention the rest of you!) that I try to eat them daily.

  This recipe is simple and quick yet full of flavor. I prefer to eat my guacamole with carrot sticks as it tastes just as good without all the fat or calories of tortilla chips. Ain't nothing wrong with adding some more veggies in your diet!!

Recipe:

2 ripe Hass avocadeos
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 large organic tomato (or 1 Roma), seeded and diced
1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
sea salt to taste

Optional:
6 organic carrot stalks, cut into slices

Directions: 

 Remove pit from avocado, slice, cube and place into bowl. Add in remaining ingredients. With a fork, lightly fold together all ingredients so that the avocado is smashed but well blended. Serve with veggies. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment