Friday, August 16, 2013

Protein Packed Fruit Green Smoothie


   This recipe is perfect for those of you who need to add more protein in your diet. While my protein intakes have increased these days by being pregnant, I still prefer to receive my protein in the form of nuts and seeds which have an infinite amount of vitamins, minerals and nutrients compared to the dead flesh of an animal. It's great as a mid-afternoon snack, preferably three hours after your last meal to provide optimal digestion. It truly helps to protect me against the afternoon prego crash I receive everyday when I cant lie around on the couch doing like nothing like I so wish I could do.

Recipe:

4 cups organic baby spinach
1 banana
1 large organic peach
1 cup frozen organic strawberries
2 Tbsp. raw hulled hemp seeds

Directions

In a high powered blender, combine spinach, banana, peach, strawberries, hemp seeds and almond milk. Blend on low for several seconds working your way up to high for a minute. Store in glass mason jars in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment