Friday, February 8, 2013

Cinnamon Cocoa Truffles

   This New England Blizzard is in bad company with my willpower. My day started off well with this great little smoothie, but somehow ended up with me making these truffles for lunch. And although I featured another great truffle recipe last week, this one is equally as delicious. I opted for a fudgier, less crunchy version this time and it's a real toss up as to which one is my favorite.

 
   Either way, I would suggest whipping up a batch of these for Valentine's Day instead of buying crappy commerical candy. These are healthier, contain no added sugar or dairy, and provide an added boost of vitamins, minerals, and fiber thanks to the use of pitted dates. Sounds like a sweet alternative to me!


Recipe:

25 medium Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in 1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Or Organic Raw Cacao Powder, I've used both)
1/2 Tablespoon Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil
1/2 cup raw walnuts, preferably soaked overnight in water
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup filtered water

Directions:

1.) Begin by soaking dates in 1/4 cup warm water to soften them.

2.) In a food processor, combine dates, cocoa powder, coconut oil, walnuts, and water. Blend until smooth.

3.) Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl and refrigerate for an hour.

4.) Once chilled, scoop a teaspoon sized amount into your hand, roll in cocoa powder, and form into a ball.

5.) Place balls on a plate and freeze truffle until ready to serve. Makes about 20 small sized truffles.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment