Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Rosemary Parmesean Butternut Squash Fries

   It's such a great feeling when you are able to make food for your friends and family that they enjoy. Even better when it's super healthy and they still like it!

   But does it ever boggle your mind that we need to label healthy food healthy in order for some people to notice the difference? Or that when food is called unhealthy some people get pissed that you are judging the food they eat in a stuck-up way, when in actuality that food is unhealthy by no small measure.

 
 
   It totally works regardless. When looking for recipes to make, those are the key words I use to find the type of food I seek to make. Although I put my own spin onaverage recipes to make them healthier it still is the best way to filter out the crap. And man, is there a lot of crap out there. But rest assurred, I like to do my research. And that means the food I make will constantly be evolving into new forms of "healthy" the more I learn.

 I like to think though that those of you who read this blog feel the same way about food as I do. That it should be nourishing, delicious, and free of crap! I mean healthy. So feel rest assured that this recipe below is a great way to enjoy butternut squash. Albeit maybe if you're not vegan and dairy free : )


Recipe:

1 Organic Butternut Squash, peeled and sliced in 1/4 inch thick slices
2 Tablespoons EVOO
1 Tablespoon Dried Rosemary
2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesean Cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Wash Butternut Squash. Cut squash in half  and then again into 1/4 slices. Peel with a potato peeler. Remove seeds (save for later use such as roasting them!). Slice squash into thin slices that resemble "fries" about 1/4 inch thick. Toss in a bowl with rosemary, parmesean cheese, and EVOO. Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment